Disabling the touch screen on a laptop can be useful if you want to use the device as a traditional laptop and not worry about accidentally activating the touch screen while typing or using a mouse. In this article, we’ll discuss How to Disable Touch Screen on Laptop? Here are the steps to disable the touch screen on a laptop:
- Open the Start menu and go to the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Hardware and Sound and then click on Pen and Touch.
- In the Pen and Touch window, click on the touch tab.
- In the touch tab, you should see an option called “Use your finger as an input device”. Uncheck this option to disable the touch screen.
- Click Apply and then OK to save the changes and close the window.
- Restart your laptop for the changes to take effect.
If you want to enable the touch screen again, simply follow the same steps and check the “Use your finger as an input device” option.
Note: The exact steps to disable the touch screen may vary depending on the brand and model of your laptop. If the above steps do not work, you may need to search for specific instructions for your device.
How to Turn on Touch Screen on Laptop?
If you have a laptop with a touch screen, and you are having trouble getting it to work, there are a few steps you can try to turn it on.
- Check if the touch screen is enabled in the settings: Many laptops have a touch screen option that can be enabled or disabled in the settings. To check this, go to the Control Panel and select “Pen and Touch” or “Tablet PC Settings.” From here, you should be able to see if the touch screen is enabled or disabled. If it is disabled, you can simply turn it on by selecting the “Enable” option.
- Check if the touch screen driver is installed: If the touch screen is enabled in the settings but still not working, it may be because the touch screen driver is not installed. To check if the driver is installed, go to the Device Manager and look for the “Human Interface Devices” category. If you see a device labeled “HID-compliant touch screen,” the driver is installed. If not, you will need to install the driver by downloading it from the manufacturer’s website or through Windows Update.
- Restart the laptop: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix issues with the touch screen. Simply shut down your laptop and turn it back on to see if the touch screen starts working.
- Check if the touch screen is physically damaged: If none of the above steps work, it’s possible that the touch screen itself is damaged. In this case, you will need to have it repaired by a professional or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
By following these steps, you should be able to turn on the touch screen on your laptop and start using it again. If you continue to have issues, it may be worth consulting the manufacturer’s website or a technical support representative for further assistance.
Related Articles: How to Connect Two Monitors to a Laptop with One HDMI Port?