This article explains the straightforward steps of How to Connect MacBook Air to Monitor and provides you with a list of cables you might need.
What to Look For:
- Extended Display: Go to System Preferences and click the Displays tab. Then, click and drag the display icons.
- Mirror Displays: Select Settings > System Preferences > Arrangement and check the box next to Mirror Displays.
- Use AirPlay to connect to the TV of your choosing, or send your entertainment wirelessly to an iPad.
How to Connect MacBook Air to Monitor?
Connecting your MacBook Air to an external monitor is a simple process, but if you don’t have the right kind of cables first, it might not work.
Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports on your MacBook Air or Thunderbolt 4 if you have an X1 model can be used for video output. Depending on what type of external display you are using, you will need a T1 model or a T2 model adapter.
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter: This allows you to connect an HDMI display or HDTV.
- Thunderbolt/USB-C cable: This allows you to connect to a USB-C monitor.
- VGA Multiport Adapter: This allows you to connect to a VGA display or projector.
Complete Guide About How to Connect MacBook Air to Monitor
If your MacBook Air is connected to the external monitor, these steps will help you set it up.
- Click the Apple menu icon.
- Select the System Preferences option.
- Select Display.
- If you do not see your external screen under the Display tab of your MacBook’s Systems preference window, hold the Options key and hit Detect Displays to fill the lower left vertex of the field with the name “Gather Windows,” and then release the key. Your MacBook will begin to scan for connected displays.
- To modify your display arrangement settings, click the Arrangement tab.
- Click and drag the icons to the destination for which you’d like them to appear onscreen. A red line will appear indicating screen activity.
- To change the main-looking outlet on the screen, click on the menu bar and drag it into the screen settings.
Can I Connect Two Monitors with a Single Monitor?
As long as you have the right cable, you can connect your laptop with two monitors for further Guide Read How to Connect Two Monitors to a Laptop with One HDMI Port?